East Whatcom Community Council Clean Air Committee (CAC)
September 8, 2021
VIA VIDEO CONFERENCE – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
CAC Charge: The charge of the East Whatcom Community Council Clean Air Committee is to work jointly with the Northwest Clean Air Agency to develop a comprehensive, community-based, long-range plan designed to improve the air quality in the East Whatcom County Region.
- Listen to understand, not to respond; seek clarity.
- Voice opinions and questions openly in the meeting and not after; speak for yourself; everyone’s opinion is valuable and worthy of attention.
- Conflict over a topic is healthy; take nothing personally; engage in debate.
- Do not expect consensus or certainty.
- Explain why you don’t agree with a proposal, but when a decision is made, buy in.
- If people look like they have something to say, encourage them to speak.
Co-Chairs: Rebecca Cayen, Carl McDaniel
Members: Jerry DeBruin & David Moe – WCFD #14; Aly Robinson – Whatcom County Health Department; Mark Schofield – Opportunity Council; Curtis Metz, Jacob Johnson, Gabe Nelson – Whatcom County Fire Marshal; Viktor Vetkov – Slavic Church; Dean Zender & David Camp – Wood Bank; Seth Preston – NW Clean Air Agency
- Approval of July 14, 2021, meeting summary
- Open public comment – Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person
- Woodstove replacement update – Mark
- Wood Bank update – Dean/David
- September chipping event and future events – Rebecca
- NWCAA update – Seth
- Air quality complaints & monitoring data
- Ecology grant update
|Jan. 27 – via Zoom (rescheduled)||April 14 – via Zoom||July 14 – via Zoom||October – no meeting|
|Feb. – no meeting||May 12 – via Zoom||August – no meeting||November|
|March 10 – via Zoom||June – no meeting||September||December – no meeting|