East Whatcom Community Council Clean Air Committee (CAC)
May 13, 2020
East Whatcom Regional Resource Center, 8251 Kendall Road
CAC Charge: The charge of the East Whatcom Community Council Clean Air Committee is to work jointly with the Northwest Clean Air Agency to develop a comprehensive, community-based, long-range plan designed to improve the air quality in the East Whatcom County Region.
- Listen to understand, not to respond; seek clarity.
- Voice opinions and questions openly in the meeting and not after; speak for yourself; everyone’s opinion is valuable and worthy of attention.
- Conflict over a topic is healthy; take nothing personally; engage in debate.
- Do not expect consensus or certainty.
- Explain why you don’t agree with a proposal, but when a decision is made, buy in.
- If people look like they have something to say, encourage them to speak.
Chair: Phil Cloward
Members: Jerry DeBruin & David Moe, WCFD #14; Aly Robinson, Whatcom County Health Department; Mark Schofield, Opportunity Council; Viktor Vetkov, Slavic Church; Curtis Metz, Jacob Johnson and Gabe Nelson, Whatcom County Fire Marshal; Julie O’Shaughnessy, NWCAA
- Approval of February 12, 2020, meeting summary
- Open public comment – Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person
- Woodstove replacement update – Mark Schofield
- Biomass committee update – Phil
- Outreach activities/ideas
- Spring chipping event – All
- Air quality and complaint update – Julie
2020 meetings, 4:30 – 6 p.m. – East Whatcom Regional Resource Center, 8251 Kendall Road, Maple Falls, WA:
|Jan. 8||April 8||July 8||Oct. 14|
|Feb. 12||May 13||Aug. 12||Nov. 11|
|March – no meeting||June 10||Sept. 9||Dec. 9|