East Whatcom Community Council Clean Air Committee (CAC)
February 14, 2018
East Whatcom Regional Resource Center, 8251 Kendall Road
CAC Charge: The charge of the East Whatcom Community Council Clean Air Committee is to work jointly with the Northwest Clean Air Agency to develop a comprehensive, community-based, long-range plan designed to improve the air quality in the East Whatcom County Region.
- Listen to understand, not to respond; seek clarity.
- Voice opinions and questions openly in the meeting and not after; speak for yourself; everyone’s opinion is valuable and worthy of attention.
- Conflict over a topic is healthy; take nothing personally; engage in debate.
- Do not expect consensus or certainty.
- Explain why you don’t agree with a proposal, but when a decision is made, buy in.
- If people look like they have something to say, encourage them to speak.
Chair: Phil Cloward
Members: Jerry DeBruin & David Moe, WCFPD #14; John Wolpers, Whatcom County Health Department; Mark Schofield, OppCo; Veronica Dearden, Kendall Watch Community Action Group; Viktor Vetkov, Slavic Church; Mark Sniffen, Whatcom County Fire Marshal; Julie O’Shaughnessy, NWCAA
- Approval of January 10, 2018, meeting summary
- Open public comment – Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person
- Woodshed status update – Phil
- Biomass committee update – Phil
- Outreach/community event ideas – Julie/All
2018 meetings, 4:30 – 6 p.m. – East Whatcom Regional Resource Center, 8251 Kendall Rd., Maple Falls, WA:
|Jan. 10||April 11||July 11||Oct. 10|
|Feb. 14||May 9||Aug. 8||Nov. 14|
|March 14||June 13||Sept. 12||Dec. 12|